Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mantels Project Finished at Last!


Attached is a photo of the new directory box that Warren has fabricated. It will replace the rotten sign on the two posts in front of the cemetery at Mantels and will enclose Paul’s map of plots and the names of those with headstones. Very nice!

Well, I think I can honestly say we are through with Mantels, barring any other major discoveries. Saturday the ladies applied void mix where necessary and the last few tombstones were either erected or repaired. We have made a drastic difference there and I know that the church members are very appreciative, as am I. Thanks to everyone who helped with the project from start to finish. I know it seems as though we’ve been at Mantels for a “long time” but if you’ll remember we didn’t get started out there until sometime in June, so it’s only been about four months in which there has been a dramatic transformation.

No comments: